Yantric-Aarambh, a technical event was organised by students of GCET ASME student section on the eve of Sir M.S.Visvesvaraya, September 15,2012.
September 15, 2012 is celebrated as Engineers Day in India giving tribute to Sir M.S.Visvesvaraya for his immense contribution in the field of civil engineering. Sir M.V. was known as Diwan of Mysore. He architecture Krishnarajasagar Dam one of the largest in India which irrigates twenty thousand acres. He has conferred to himself ‘BHARAT RATNA’ Award, the highest civilian award of the country.
There were four events organised under Yantric-Aarambh :
- Mechanical Hunt: If you know the machines.
- C.A.D. Mania: show talent in designing.
- Magnum Opus(tech & non-tech): Poster your artistic nature.
- Bibliography: technical paper presentation.
The Event started with lighting candles to Lord Vishwarkarma by Prof.Hemant Thakkar, Faculty Advisor GCET ASME Student Section. Organising Team was greeted with best wishes for the day they were longing for. After the ceremony, registration of the participating students started. Around 150 Students from the various colleges have participated.
The event was concluded by vote of thanks given by Harsheel Panchasara (Chair person, GCET ASME student section)
Webinar of ASTM
Webinar was organised by GCET ASME Student Section on introduction of ASTM(American Society for Testing and Materials) and its work.
The webinar was hosted by Mr. James P. Olshefsky, Director, ASTM International USA. The director explained about the work carried out by both the organisations at international as well as Asia Pecific level. He also explained in detail about standards used for testing and control of material, quality and other various works carried out by ASTM organisation. He even explained about that how these non profit organisation has grown in developing relationship with different industrial personalities and established a healthy network between the working organisations and industries. The director also extended his talks on what ASME soed and its membership bebefits to students. The event was concluded by giving vote of thanks to Mr. Olshefsky by Prof. Hemant R. Thakkar, faculty advisor, GCET ASME Student Section.
Introduction to ASME
Seminar was organised by GCET ASME Student section on introduction of ASME (American Society Mechanical Engineers) and its benefits, on august 16, 2012.
A presentation on ASME and its membership benefits to students was presented by Anuj Shishu, Vice preisdent of GCET ASME Student Section. The event was attended by around 80 students of Mechanical and Mechatronics department. They showed a deep interest in understanding waht this organisation does and even showed interest in talking up the membership assuring them with its benefits. The event was concluded by inspiring words of Dr.Darshak Desai, Head of Mechanical Department and Prof. Hemant R. Thakkar ,faculty advisor GCET ASME Student Section.
- ASME Orientation Program: Orientation program to introduce new juniors members to GCET ASME team and for future plans and events of GCET ASME Student Section.
- Creo2.0 workshop (3days): Creo2.0 (formerly ProE) from PTC expert by PRO/CAD-CAM SOLUTIONS , PTC Authorized Center, Rajkot.
- Industrial pneumatics workshop (3days): By Mechagineering Solutions, A Government approval company at the act of company act 1962, ministry of corporate affairs, India.
- Workshop on "Provisional Patent Application": By Dr. M. A. Bulsara (Senior faculty, Department of Mechanical Engineering ,GCET).
- AutoCAD Workshop (7 days/ 14hours).
- Industrial visit to Nuclear Power Plant at Kakrapar, near Surat.
- Workshop on Vertical Machining Center.
- Seminar on Aircraft Design and Flight Control.
- Workshop on Aero Glider.