History:

Institute, G H Patel College of Engineering & Technology (GCET) is managed by the highly reputed and the largest educational trust of Gujarat, Charutar Vidya Mandal (CVM), established in 1945 for the upbringing of rural education. Over the span of around more than six decades, CVM has been making spectacular progress by venturing into various emerging disciplines. Today CVM is nurturing 45 educational institutions of diverse types contributing to the panoramic growth of Vallabh Vidyanagar and New Vallabh Vidyanagar. From the very inception (in the year 1996) GCET has striven to develop itself into an Institution of Excellence in education and research in consonance with the spirit of modern Gujarat. In meeting this challenge for excellence, GCET has shaped its institution to the contemporary as well as future demands of need-oriented education.

The GCET Alumni Association (GAA) which promotes interaction between the Institute and its alumni, and also provides a platform for the alumni to benefit from the tremendous potential resources available within the Association members. The Association consists of a group of Committee members including faculties and students, who maintain the link with the Institute’s alumni through networking, publications and annual meetings. The Association is guided by the Principal, GAA team members with the wholehearted support of Charutar Vidya Mandal Management.